Water injection Q's

Daniel Houlton tc75918 at hpr169.mdhc.mdc.com
Fri May 2 19:51:35 GMT 1997

Jeremy Butts wrote:

> turbo.  If you inject the water after the turbo, you need a pump that will
> supply enough pressure to be above the intake pressure by a significant
> amount, plus a solenoid of some sort.  I have used fuel injection
> components to do this, but it seems the fuel pumps do not like to pump
> water, they die in like 3 days.

Couldn't you use a regular water pump and just run a pressure tap from the
pressurized intake to the top of the water tank?  The water pump sees the
same pressure on both sides so it doesn't have to work any harder than
usual.  i.e.  If the intake is at 30 psi and you want to inject water at
5 psi, the pump only has to provide 5 psi instead of the whole 35.  Make
sense?   Aww, come on.  Maybe it does just a little bit...

--Dan