acceleration measure (was Re: G-Tech meter )

Mike Turner MikeTurner at kemet.com
Sat May 3 17:39:20 GMT 1997

You wrote:

I'll answer all of the questions posed in one swoop:

>snip<

>I am. Have you run into problems with the rotor's exceeding the Curie temp
>after extended hard braking? How much gap clearance do you require?

I'm still playing with the gap, but it looks like 3-4 mm. I'll have to
look
at the temp issue; I really didn't think I'd get over 150C 3mm from the
rotor.

>end<
I was speaking of the Curie temperature of the rotor, not the sensor. At that
point, the ferromagnetism diminishes, possibly to the point there is
insufficient flux through the rotor to trigger the Hall effect. The Hall
effect switch may be supplying the magnetism but the switch relies on the flux
path moving.