Schematic and technical info on MSD6A ignition

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at gi.com
Thu May 8 18:26:23 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:

>I do have one question, though ... don't suppose you "reverse
>engineered" the transformer on the board?  The turns, inductance
>and maybe frequency response of the core material (I assume it's
>ferrite) would be helpful.

Sorry, I don't have any more info on the transformer, other than the
following.  The construction is the standard laminated iron type, I think
they are referred to as "E core" type (the laminates are shaped like the
letter E).  Very similar in appearance to typical low voltage transformers.
 The core is definitely not ferrite.  Take a look at the jpeg files, the
transformer is the largest component on the board.

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com