FW: Fuel pump for Ford 3.0L with engine swap

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Fri May 9 01:20:07 GMT 1997

Hi.
The pressure requirement for your fuel system can be met
with an adjustable pressure regulator - found in most
aftermarket catalogs such as MSD, Accel, etc.  As long
as the pump you use can sustain your required flow (GPH
at the required pressure (PSI) you'll be ok.  Any pump rated
for a higher PSI and GPH (such as the NOS pump you
mentioned) will work fine as well, assuming the specs you
mentioned are minimum requirements.  A stock GM TPI
pump would probably be just the ticket for you - look around
in the local boneyards and save yourself some $$$.

 Dave

 ----------
From:  G. Wilson
Sent:  Thursday, May 08, 1997 4:46 PM
To:  DIY_EFI
Subject:  Fuel pump for Ford 3.0L with engine swap

Hi all,
First, let me say this has been a very informative group - I've been
reading the archives for a few months now.  Amazing stuff.

Although I've decided not to tackle a complete diy efi project,
what I've learned here has helped inspire confidence to swap a
EFI engine into my old sports car (Sunbeam Alpine).

I have ran into a problem with the fuel pump type however.
The engine is basically from a Taurus, Ranger, or Sable, 3.0L, with
requirement for 39psi and 16 gallon per hour from the pump.
I'm looking for a frame-mounted pump with those specs, but
without luck.

My question is, how close do I need to get to the 39psi and
16 gph for the efi to work okay?  A local shop can get a
NOS pump rated 40psi at 46 gallons per hour - is that going
to be a problem?

Thanks,
gale