Electrical Supercharger

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Fri May 9 06:42:29 GMT 1997

Electric Superchargers - been there done that - check the speed
mags from the 50's.  Worked ok for small engines, all were centrifugal,
not much boost, and took massive amounts of power.  None survived
into the 60's.  Motors took humongus power and I2R loss's were
ridiculous.

Food for thought.  Use light weight moderate voltage (48VDC) aircraft
jet engine starter motor driving a centrifugal supercharger. 4 deep cycle
batteries in series.  Then use an exhaust turbo to drive a jet engine
alternator.  Might just work, but then I have been known to snuff chili
powder and blow my brains out.

If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>