buick 350

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Sat May 10 00:55:42 GMT 1997

I disagree Fred. The OEM system is superior to the aftermarket units when
used for stock daily driven engine.

Get a TBI throttle bodie, ecm, harness ends, and pump/sending unit of of an
'88 up truck or car (GM) Check the archives for complete details! Salvage
yard cost for all these goodies should be less than $350. Use your exiesting
distributer, chunck the 4 term hei module for a 7 term HEI module and you
are ready to rock n role.

You will have to buy or make a TBI to carb adapter and make provisons for a
02 sensor. Easy to do, and the cheapest  EFI system available.  It will work
better than any aftermarket system and you can get parts at any parts store
or GM dealership. GM spent millions ($1,000,000++) on R&D for this system,
and it's tested on several million GM cars and trucks. You simply cannot
beat it for a stock vehicle.

If you like fancy logos and neon colored heat sinks, send me $900.00 (or
more) plus a GM ECM and I will make it a GMD signature series, blue-printed,
extremely heavy duty, high-performance, Electronic Controll Module
guarenteed to meet or EXCEED GM's standard ECMs ;}

Order now, and I'll throw in a Trouble Code Reader that doesn't require
batteries...ever (wires paralell to your exiesting check engine light) This
offer is limited to the first 1,000,000 customers so order NOW.

GMD

At 12:27 PM 5/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>And easier upgrade might be purchasing a Edelbrock or Holley intake, and
>using their respective TPI setup, its a little more tunable than a factory
>EFI, and since you have a Buick 350 rather than a Chevy, it might be less
>hassle than trying to retrofit one factory intake to another engine.
>
>Just a thought
>
>On Friday, May 09, 1997 4:51 AM, Scott [SMTP:FAXON at prodigy.net] wrote:
>> strange request? maybe I HAVE A MID 70S BUICK 350 W HEI AND A ROCHESTER
>> QJET. I WOULD LIKE TO REFIT THIS APPLICATION WITH A GM TBI UNIT W/
>> ELECTRONIC IGNITION TIMING. QUESTION WHAT YEAR,MAKE,OR MODEL TBI AND
>> DISTRIBUTOR WOULD BE THE CLOSEST MATCH?

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com