Everything....

talltom "talltom(SPAMBLOCKER)" at ipns.com
Sat May 10 11:50:17 GMT 1997

talltom at espace.dcl.com wrote:

> > From: Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>

>         I tend to think that small high-rpm motor design has come a long way since
> the 50's. I think some of today's motors might just make it worthwhile on
> medium sized (~2.5liter) engines for low-end torque enhancement.

Being as Aerodyne has a product out that does exactly that, it would tend to
appear you're right. It's a motor with an overiding clutch that spins the turbo at
a minimum speed so boost is always available according to them. One test mule
was a over the road diesel so it would tend to imply that at least theoretecly
(sp?) it works on ~ 12 litre sizes.

> From: Todd King <Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com>
> Date: Fri, 09 May 97 16:44:00 PDT
> Subject: Re: getting zapped

>   Well- put each hand on a battery terminal of your car; what happens? Nothing.
>   No pain, nada. 12v is too low to drive significant current through your
>   skin/body load resistance. Higher voltage is more dangerous since the current
>   that flows through your body is V/R as usual.
>
>   Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com

Well just to pick nits, I suffered under that impression for about 20 years myself.
You'll find however that if it's 117 degrees out and you're sweating profusely
and have no shortage of grease on you that not only can 12 volts shock you, it
will regularly, even off your hands or arms.  But being as Todd is local and
it never happens around here, we'll let him slide this time....:-)

Ps. It just gets your attention, much like using your tongue for a voltmeter on
a 9 volt battery.