MG EFI

Richard Cartledge fac51 at innotts.co.uk
Sat May 10 21:03:33 GMT 1997

Trevor Boicey wrote:

> This is the obligatory introduction message.
>
>   I come this way after a lot of pondering, and some article
> reading. The main article that has gotten me to go this far
> was an article in British Car magazine about adding Bosch
> EFI to a late MGB.
>
>   The qualities of the MGB that were said to be very good
> for DIY-EFI also apply to my 1975 Midget 1500, so I am
> musing over attempting a similar conversion on this car.
>
>   Essentially, it's a single carb model that currently
> runs a Zenith Stromberg, like the MGB. The author used
> the Bosch system from early 80's renaults, and the
> single injector body from a tempo.
>
>   I should really catch up on some of the required reading
> before I bother the list too much, but I am very intregued
> by the idea. My background is in embedded programming for
> military use, so this is technically more up my alley than
> the carb I would be pulling off.
>
>   The cold running circuit is obviously a bit of a blank
> in my mind at this moment, as well as the computer itself,
> which isn't shown or elaborated upon in the article. My
> best guess is because the computer is self contained
> and fairly trivial to set up, would that be true?
>
>   As well, I am looking at using the present EGR valve
> tap for an O2 sensor. The author did not use an O2 sensor
> because of the catalytic converter and it's needs. My year
> of car does not have/need this converter, allowing me
> to run a sensor. The text briefly alludes that "the
> computer does automatic rich/lean adjustment with an
> O2 sensor..." which would be interesting as well.
>
>   Is anyone familiar with this or similar projects and
> installations?
---'

Take a look at Bookspeeds Bosch Injection books, they have loads of DIY
books about D, Mono, J, K, LE, Motronic injection, modifying, fitting,
theory etc..... and they have about 40 different MG books! I have their
brochure which says they have a web-site at

http://www.bookspeed.co.uk/cars/
email: bookspeed at bookspeed.win-uk.net

Hope it helps, Richard

'86 BMW 525i SE

There is enough calorific energy stored in one all-butter
French croissante to power an 24v E36 BMW 320i for six
seconds delivering it's full150bhp!         Yum!  Yum!  Yum!
     (oo=00=oo)                            \     \           /