My mine and so on...

Trevor Boicey tboicey at brit.ca
Sun May 11 05:29:55 GMT 1997

John Bertram wrote:
> Your 1500 Midget has four intake ports in the cylinder head which will make
> it easier to install port injection.

  Is port injection truly easier? I suppose it depends on the
donor car, and since most are, you probably have a very good
point.

  Care to recommend a system that would be easy to find
in a junkyard, and that is also fairly easy to install
and manage?

> Hopefully,  the thrust washers
> don't drop out of the crankshaft on your car!

  Hehehe... from my experience that's more of a big TR
problem. The 1500 engine is the one that throws rods, and
I have a nice boat anchor to prove it.

  This engine has only 1000 miles on it so far, as about
as strong as it could be. I'm not really seeking performance
with this modification, so I don't expect to shorten it's
life dramatically. I hope.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /