Electrical Supercharger / Turbo Anti-lag

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Mon May 12 02:33:14 GMT 1997

     I've read about this motec computer and apparently it works by when
     the computer detects throttle back off it either retards the timing so
     much that the fuel does not explode and therefore gets to the exhaust
     un-burnt, or some systems completely disable the spark. As soon as the
     fuel hits the hot exhaust it burns and spools up the turbo. Again I
     agree that it would not be the best for the turbo, but those flames
     coming out the exhaust would certainly attract some attention!!

     Adrian