buick 350

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Mon May 12 15:43:58 GMT 1997

> Date:          Thu, 08 May 1997 22:00:42 +0000
> From:          Scott <FAXON at prodigy.net>
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       Re: buick 350

> > I WOULD LIKE HELP CONVERTING A BUICK 350 CARB

I put a 350 from a '91 Caprice into my S-10.  It's completely stock,
and seems like a pretty good engine.  It's TBI, which is easier to
install, although it's not as sexy.  This particular Caprice was a
police car in it's former life, which is the only way (according to
the service manual) to get a 350.  Passenger cars came with the 305.

The swap manual I used said to stay away from the Corvette LT1,
since it's a lot different than the other engines.  Accessories are
in different locations (due to low hood), etc.  I suppose the Camaro
and Firebird LT1s would be easier to install.

--steve