Camshaft/crankshaft sense

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Mon May 12 18:27:15 GMT 1997

You could monitor cam/crank that way, by watching the rotation, however if
your only concern is belt failure, you could easily mount a photo
transistor (or four?) on the outside of the belt, and put one small light
bulb in the center.  Actually, scratch that, an incandescent lamp is going
to burn out too often.  A solid state device might work well, since there
is no oil in under the timing cover that I know of.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Email: frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com & FJB203 at aol.com