Lambda value/ AFR correlation

Trevor Boicey tboicey at brit.ca
Tue May 13 04:22:22 GMT 1997

Frank F Parker wrote:
> The real curve is a square shaped S curve with most of the voltage
> change (eg:0.2-0.7) occuring in the region of about 0.5 on either side
> of Lambda of 1.0 (14.7 a/f)
>
> The NGK is quite good but expensive from Horriba.

  How expensive is expensive? Where is a source? What are the
characteristics of the NGK? (blasting questions at you)

> The NGK/Horriba or the Bailey
> box is the ONLY accurate way to read a/f.

  I suppose as a measurement of engine-threatening extremes,
the O2 sensor could be deemed adequate? For my purposes in
my system, I am really at first just hoping to use a
heated O2 sensor to warn that my system is failing to
the point of danger, I really should debug with the
engine off.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /