intake tuning

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Thu May 15 16:00:02 GMT 1997

  <<<
  nevermind forced-induction manifold design.  In summary - I have no idea.
  I would just have though that the air coming out of a blower/turbo would
  be fairly turbulent and that could disrupt the resonating column of air...

  I don't think many people do; the latest stuff I've seen implies that the old
  "organ pipe" tuning methods are not really up to snuff either, theoretically.
  Seems to be more complicated with "super pressure" wave theory, or whatever
  they call it. I'd like to get my hands on some good ref stuff but
  unfortunately don't belong to the SAE or anything like that.

  <<<
  >   Well for a properly sized turbo combination the full boost comes
  on at heavy
  >   throttle; doesn't have to wait for 6000 rpm!
  Arright, so for a centrifugally supercharged application where boost
  builds with RPM, now whaddya think?  ;)

  I think that if I wanted quarter mile performance I would emphasize the rpm
  range that my engine pulls through while at wot in 2nd and 3rd (automatic).
  Shift at as high an rpm as possible since rpm implies hp; to get your car
  going its quickest at the end of the 1/4 you need to "pour" as much total
  horsepower into the "bucket" as you can while traveling down the track. Forget
  emphasizing the (midrange) torque peak, raise your hp level (at the rpm range
  you stay in at the track)...

  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com