Need to test injectors

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Mon May 19 05:10:09 GMT 1997

> Date:          Sun, 18 May 1997 12:06:12 -0700
> From:          Bill Moffitt <wmoffitt at connect.net>
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       Need to test injectors

> Hello,
>
> I have made a fixture to test some injectors on the bench.  An injector
> is mounted in a glass fixture so I can see the flow and also measure
> the quantity output over time.
>
> My question to everyone:  I hesitate to use gasoline for safety reasons.
> Does anyone have any ideas as what liquid I can use that will still
> be compatible with the injectors and fuel pump, yet not "explode" should
> some accident occur?  I'm sure there must be businesses out there that
> have injector flow benches and I'm curious as to what they use.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bill

I wouldn't know for sure but I suggest using kerosine (=parafin). It
would be about the same viscosity and density.

I used gasoline, when I did my test, and I'm still here. I did do
it outside though, and I made sure all electrical connections were
solid!

Did I hear anybody say Formula FAE? :-)

$$$ MAKE CAR FAST $$$
bryantt at psc.fp.co.nz