Need to test injectors

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue May 20 10:56:22 GMT 1997

-> some accident occur?  I'm sure there must be businesses out there
-> that have injector flow benches and I'm curious as to what they use.

 The SAE specifies a particular fluid designed specially for rating
injectors, but it's expensive and hard to obtain.  The few testers I've
seen used ordinary "mineral spirits" type paint thinner, which appears
to be in the ballpark wrt viscosity and density.

 Get one of those variable-delay strobe lights and trigger it off the
injector pulse.  By twiddling the knob you can see the shape of the
spray at various points in the injection cycle.  Ain't *nothin'* like
the pretty pictures in the books.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==