Oxygen Sensors and junkyards

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Tue May 20 14:35:50 GMT 1997

>On a similar note, the Electromotive system (no flames please) uses a 4 wire
>heated oxygen sensor.  Does anyone know from what car Electromotive sources
>this part from so I can get one at my local parts store.  I would prefer not
>to pay Electromotive's price.  Also why 4 wires?  What does the 4th wire do?

my '91 F-150 uses 4-wire -- 2 for power, 2 for signal.  Should
be the bestest setup for ground-loop prevention ... but then
I notice that Ford immediately went back to 3-wire HEGO's.  Go
figger.  The previous post in which I list the name of the
on-line parts supplier had the 4-wire HEGO.  I think it's

Part #1060  $38.01

The address is Partlink at aol.com.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>