hall effect Junkyard link

Orin Eman orin at WOLFENET.com
Wed May 21 07:05:35 GMT 1997

So a pretty 'square' signal is expected.  From the Audi 4000 Bentley manual
(same engine as VWs):

"When rotating engine, shutter of trigger wheel will enter and pass through
air gap of Hall generator

volts = 0 to 0.7 (shutter outside of air gap)
volts = 1.8 up to battery voltage (shutter inside of air gap)"

I may put a scope on my Audi 5k and see how clean it looks...