Whipple (AutoRotor) Compressor

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Wed May 21 14:59:07 GMT 1997

Hey all!

I'm considering adding a Whipple supercharger to my
TEC-II controlled 454.  Anybody out there had experience
with this blower?  I'm interested in the pitfalls, longevity,
etc.  I know this is a bit off-topic but I'm sure I'll run into
a few EFI issues along the way.  The first part is to find
some 50Lb/hr injectors to replace my current 38Lb/hr
ones and procure a 2-bar MAP sensor.

I've done a bit of research and everybody seems to have
a different opinion on this Whipple compressor - some say
it's great for producing boost at low RPM (which is what I'm
looking for since this motor is in a big, heavy '57 chevy
4WD that often sees trail use).  Others hate it, but don't
seem to have any real reason for their conclusion.  Any
input would be greatly appreciated.

 Dave

p.s. At least my "low-revving" V8 will no longer be "Stifled",
eh Fred?  (Big Grin)