TBI fuel pump

Greg Woods gwoods at symtx.com
Wed May 21 15:49:47 GMT 1997

I am in the process of swapping an 86 GM TBI system
into my 2.8l cherokee engine.

I'm trying to find an economical fuel delivery setup
and am hoping for some good suggestions from the list!

I've read that the GM TBI setup needs somewhere around
15psi for proper operation.  So far, all the electric
fuel pumps I've found have been 4.5 to ~10 psi (carberator
pumps) or very high pressure (read high $$) pumps for MPI
setups.  The original pump used in this setup was an in-tank
pump and I don't want to mess with that.  It looks like my
only option is a high pressure pump with an adjustable external
regulator.  This setup will cost me $70 for the regulator +
~$75 for the pump.

I think $145 is a little high.  any ideas?