5.0. EFI Conversion to '69 Mustang

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri May 23 00:54:37 GMT 1997

> Well, it's not quite that simple... :-) The ECM will probably need an
> input from a park/neutral switch, and an input from a vehicle speed
> sensor, and maybe other things that don't exist on a pre-efi car.

The trans sensor would be easy to transplant, and actually, I'd move the
entire powertrain so everything would be moved over.  Most of the modern
Fords have the transmission gear select (if Auto) on the steering column,
so I'd move that over as well, and attach the old steering wheel to the new
column for nostolga reasons.

As some of you know, I'm building a vehicle from scratch, and to attach a
Ford Taurus steering column and appropriate switches to the GM (1986 Buick)
wiring harness. I did this before completing the strip down process of the
Buick, making sure all the toys (wipers, horn, cruise, etc) worked fine.
 Mechanically I had to seperate the U-Joints on the Ford Column and the GM
column and merged them together.  It worked.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Website: http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm
Email: frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com & FJB203 at aol.com