Chev TPI Idle Speed EPROM address

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Fri May 23 05:27:44 GMT 1997

Hi all, I have been struggling with this all week. I thought I would
throw it out for some experts to kick around. I bought three memcals
form GM that fit 87-88 vettes. Two of them give me a requested idle
speed of 750 and one 700 rpm. I would like to be able to adjust the idle
speed. When I load the files into my eprom programmer and compare them
(Device -vs- buffer) I find the following addresses are different
between the files.

Prom ID's

ABTR 87 Manual trans, fed, 3.07, Y07.
ABTP 87 man trans. 3.07, Y07.
ABTU 87 man trans, fed, 3.07, Y67.

Idle rpm      700     750     750
Line address  ABTR    ABTU    ABTP

29	      78      A0      A0
28D 	      55      78      78
641	      44      48      48
642           40      44      44
643           40      40      44
644           38      40      40
645           38      40      40
646           38      3C      3C
647           38      3C      3C
648           38      3C      3C
649           38      3C      3C
64A           38      3C      3C
64B           38      3C      3C

These are all the differences in the bin files. AFter I made the
broadcast codes match by running them through my Master Tune Program.

I have tried to send this message three times with the three binfiles
attached in a zip file and I don't seem to be getting through. If you
want copies of the bin files and can help contact me directly. Mark.