5.0. EFI Conversion to '69 Mustang

Matt Sale mds at mot.delcoelect.com
Fri May 23 12:55:36 GMT 1997

> >No harm intended, but why not buy an very used EFI Mustang and transfer the
> >entire drivetrain and EFI system over.  Might that be less work?
> >
> >Kurt
>
> I don't know for sure, but I imagine that is what he is doing.  However, I
> don't think the fuel tank (with its built in pump) from a late model Mustang
> (fox body) will fit in the earlier (65 ~ 73) Mustangs.  Hence the need for a
Quite true.

I saw a '66 that had been converted to a late model Ford EFI at
the Shelby show in Brown County state park (south of Indianapolis)
just last weekend.  He had to hack up his export brace quite a
bit to clear the intake.  The owner wasn't around at the time.
I guess I should have taken pictures.  Maybe it'll show up at
one of the many other car shows this summer.

--
Matthew D. Sale,  IC Development Engineer, Delco Electronics Corp.
msale at iquest.net   http://www.iquest.net/~msale

All responses are my own and should not be mistaken
for those of Delco Electronics or General Motors.