EFI and Two-Strokes

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Fri May 23 17:41:48 GMT 1997

Hello group,
 I thought you might be interested in my project.  I am attempting to
turbocharge small single-cylinder two-strokes (125 and 250cc dirt bike
engines) for land-speed record attempts and the heck of it.  I am a
veteran of Formula SAE, and can't bring myself to carburate anything.
My only experience is with Haltech and Electromotive controllers,
neither of which really have what I need.  My desire is to use a Bosch
MAF, the late-model non-wire type to compensate for all the flow
variability and misfire.  The problem is I can't get ignition and
injection at the rpm's I am interested in with a MAF-based controller
with a channel to control a wastegate solenoid.  I got steered here by
Paul VanValkenburg's article in Racecar Engineering, hoping to find
hardware that I could program.  Any suggestions?