4-wire sensor

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Fri May 23 19:21:08 GMT 1997

Matt Sale wrote:

> OK, so I picked up a 4-wire O2 sensor ($42 @ Western Auto) yesterday.
> Now, does anyone know which wire does what?  I assume the two white
> wires are grounds, one for the sensor and one for the heater.  Then
> there is a black wire and a grey wire, so which is the sensor?

In looking through a Mitchell's EFI book, it looks like the two whites
are the heater wires (no polarity).  The grey is the O2 sensor low side,
and the black is the O2 sensor high side.

> Does the heater connection go straight to switched 12V (through a
> fuse), or should it be current limited, or possibly even computer
> controlled?

A switched 12 v.

> Anybody know where to find the connector for this beast, or do I
> just need to cut one off a wreck?

The local auto parts dealer here has a nice display of weather-pak style
connectors.  You might try your local auto parts dealer.  You could
always just solder it in.

Scot Sealander   Sealand at clarityconnect.com