NTK O2 sensors

Charles Grosjean charlesg at cco.caltech.edu
Sat May 24 00:58:52 GMT 1997

john spears <speartec at iquest.net> writes:

> I'm looking for info on what APPEARS to be an NTK oxygen sensor. It is used
>in a Horiba A/F analyzer.

NGK & NTK are related right? If it's on a Horiba, it's probably a UEGO sensor
and the only low cost one I know of is used on one of the lean burn Honda
engines. According to an engineer I talked to at NGK, there is some sort of
licensing agreement between Horiba and NGK, ie only Horiba can use the NGK
UEGO sensors for analyzer products, and only Honda can use the UEGO sensors
for engine use as they helped develop them, but I may be wrong.

ND's wide range sensor is used on Toyota cars, but I don't know if it operates
in a similar manner. Does anyone have any references for SAE papers for the
NGK UEGO sensors, ie how they operate?

Charles