MAX - Read this ..... Re[2]: EFI Mapping Questions....

TOM_HUSSEY at HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com TOM_HUSSEY at HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Sat May 24 14:11:19 GMT 1997

Hi,

There might also be a problem with temperature range. Depending where
the computer is mounted. Automotive temp range is -40 to +85C. The rom
might start to loose data or fail if used outside its range. Each type
of device PROM EEPROM EPROM may fail a little different. some may work
again when cooled but this would be a hastle. -Tom

> >    Is it likely that the PROM in my car from JECS is compatible with

> >     standard PROMs that can be brought from my local electronics
stor ie.
> >     Motorola etc., If this is the case atleast I can attempt to
down-load
> >     the data out of my existing chip with the PROM reader/writer
that I
> >     have.....
>
> Yes, any prom that is compatible will work.  The data is the important
part,
> the chip is just like a floppy disk, some are 720 and some are 1.4.
They all