V-8 Int. man. design

Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman prusch at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 27 14:01:50 GMT 1997

Evert Rosseel wrote:

> If you have a LOT of money, you can also :
> 4 - install a different crankshaft, so that it fires like two 4 in
> lines connected in V Although this seems strange, it is done on some engines (Ferrari does for example) because the same effects of (unevenly)
timed flow also come into play in the exhaust. An equal firing interval
for each banks gives best performance because it allows the use of tuned
exhausts. The disadvantage is that the engine balance is badly influenced
(4 cylinder like instead of V8).

> Dr. ir. Evert Rosseel

	Dr. Rosseel,
	 No I don't have a lot of money but have been extremely
interested in using a single plane (180 degree) crankshaft. As you have
mentioned exhaust tuning is the benefit and four cylinder buzziness is
the down fall, also the car wouldn't sound as if it had an American V-8
in it,(SLEEPER), but I haven't seen any commercially available with cam
shafts to match.
	Have you or anyelse seen these cranks for the Chev little block?

		Thank you,
		Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman
		http://www.datsuns.com/paul.htm