Wide range oxygen sensors.

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Sun Nov 2 18:51:43 GMT 1997

According to Vizard, O2 sensors when going richer than stoic, become sensitive,
fast response exhaust temperature sensors, and when going lean give a nonlinear
decreasing voltage.  Much has been posted about wide range O2 sensors, with the
main problem being affordability. What I am looking for is an O2 sensor that
has a wide usable range on the lean side that is reasonably priced i.e. under
$400 retail US with reasonable life.  Vizard talks about going as lean as 28 to
1 on a properly designed and built engine in cruise mode.  Since both project
vehicles are pre cat, as long as I don't raise the temp radically and make NOX,
could really use leaning out for cruising and going back to stoic (and maybe
then some) for power.  Thanking everyone in advance for the latest on O2 stuff.

If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Other Obsessions: Ferro-Equinary , 1972 "Killer Whale" Mustang
Currently Interred in the Peoples Democratic Republic of California - Stalag
Montclair
Puck da guns - ban Politicians!!!!!
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>