Continous Fuel Injection

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Mon Nov 3 16:06:56 GMT 1997

> As an exercise in contrary-ism, I have developed an interest in Continuous Fuel
> Injection such as used by the Kinsler, Hilbourne, and the latest rage in drag
> racing - the Flying Toilet.  I understand from this list that bosch made such a
> system, but, having my head firmly inserted in my "Exit Only", I deleted all
> that stuff.  Could some one be so kind as to let me know what years and what
> makes and models the CFI stuff was used on?  Also, any good book covering it,
> including Title, Author and some clue as where I can purchase it - Stupid
> Shop's isn't real keen on carrying books that actually have words to go with
> the pictures.

CIS was used on almost ALL VW's, audi's volvo's and saab's, from the
mid/late 70's up until the late 80's, in various versions.  Some had
feedback, others did not.  Almost any import junkyard will carry all the
parts you'd need to put together a custom system..  Also look at your
local big bookstore. I picked up a complete book on CIS fuiel injection.
I don't know the author offhand, but the cover of the book has a VW gti on
the cover, (red)

dave