GM Map sensor for 15lbs boost

Steve Leonard sleonard at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:45:15 GMT 1997

Dave,
   I don't the part number here with me, it's at the
shop. But I get it later today. GM has 2-bar(15psi
boost) and 3-bar(30psi boost)sensors. Have to to be
careful with choosing the sensor you want. The 2-bar
sensor is only trust worthy upto about 10 psi
where as the 3-bar is good upto about 20psi (boost)
in actual applications. So be careful in your
selection.
   Turboing a snowmobile? We should compare notes. I
am
working on a 1998 Ski-Doo Mach Z, 800cc three
cylinder.
We are turboing this unit also, We are installing an
AeroCharger Turbocharger, with MAP controlled fuel
injection. We are setting it up to run in the NHRA
asphalt drag racing class.
                              regards,

                            Steve Leonard

---Dave Morrill <dmorrill at gore.nsc.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I took a quick look through the archives and found
nothing.  I'm
> looking for a GM style MAP sensor that can respond
to up to 15lbs of
> boost.
>
> I'm in mid design of an analog piggyback EFI system
for my turbocharged
> snowmobile.  I am using exhaust gas temp to control
pulse width and have
> decided that I want MAP also to help fine tune the
pulse width.  The PWM