Knock Detection

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 6 21:20:14 GMT 1997

>To my knowledge, when a spark ignites a compressed fuel air mixture, a flame
>front moves across the chamber.  Behind the front is burned gases, In front
>of the front is unburned gases.  The pressure is the same throughout the

thank you Gary, I knew I didn't have it quite right ...

I do have a zipped copy of a TI publication called "Engine Knock Detection
Using Spectral Analysis Techniques with a TMS-320 DSP" that  I'll send
to anyone that wants it -- it's available (or was) from the TI web
site but I don't have the URL.  The zipped file (SPRA039.PDF) is
248 kbytes.

Tom Cloud