Knock Detection

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Fri Nov 7 05:05:50 GMT 1997

Course you could simply take the knock sensor output, condition it, 16 bit A/d
it once only and apply the signal to a DSP running a modest program and get any
output you want.  Simple ass PC hams take wide spectrum HF audio, put it into a
SB16 card, run a program on the PC and clean it up so only the desired signal
is present.  Stand alone units are from 100 to 300 bucks, and they recover a
lot better signal in a lot more crap.  Join the 21st century - use a simple DSP
and KISS.
Just my usual overbearing obnoxious 2 bucks worth - your mileage may vary.

If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Other Obsessions: Ferro-Equinary , 1972 "Killer Whale" Mustang
Currently Interred in the Peoples Democratic Republic of California - Stalag
Montclair
Puck da guns - ban Politicians!!!!!
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>