Knock Detection

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Fri Nov 7 00:34:03 GMT 1997

     Tom,

     Could you please send me this. My email address is:

     avos at cochlear.com.au

     Thanks,

     Adrian Vos

Subject: Re: Knock Detection
Author:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu at INTERNET
Date:    07/11/97 10:05

>To my knowledge, when a spark ignites a compressed fuel air mixture, a flame
>front moves across the chamber.  Behind the front is burned gases, In front
>of the front is unburned gases.  The pressure is the same throughout the

thank you Gary, I knew I didn't have it quite right ...

I do have a zipped copy of a TI publication called "Engine Knock Detection
Using Spectral Analysis Techniques with a TMS-320 DSP" that  I'll send
to anyone that wants it -- it's available (or was) from the TI web
site but I don't have the URL.  The zipped file (SPRA039.PDF) is
248 kbytes.

Tom Cloud