price of Holley throttle body

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri Nov 7 06:35:06 GMT 1997

Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:

> Now you got me all fired up about this Holley thing...
>
> Very interesting prices.  I hope to get a chance to call Howell and see what
> the difference is...  let me know if you get to it first.

Howell's secret is that he adds an idle air control motor to Holley's tbi so
that the speed is ecm controlled, not setscrew controlled.  At least I know
analogue units were setscrew controlled.

> Did GM ever make a 4BBL TBI?  I have only seen one and two barrel's...
> Do you know the barrel size (diameter) of these Holley units?

No 4bbl TBI in production vehicles.

> Got some price quotes for the Holley 4bbl throttle body today.
> This is the TB only, no wiring or ECU:
> Summitt: $393 (p/n HLY-500-17 700 CFM with 65 lb/hr)
> Howell:  $600 (??? CFM with 55 lb/hr)
> Wonder why the big difference? sfg

My Howell literature says  900 cfm 4bbl, 600 cfm 2bbl.BTW this brochure's at
least 1 yr old.