GM ignition key readers

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Fri Nov 7 07:42:30 GMT 1997

Ron Tyler wrote:

>    I own an '86 Vette, wired a'95 LT1 and have also owned a '95 Impala
> SS. Other than possible resistor combinations, I have found them all to
> be the "same". I was unaware of these other combinations' exsitance. My
> apologies for any confusions.

The Vette would be the only one to have it, and you owe nobody any
apology. I can't even find a dealership that knows the diff. between
"PASS-Key" & PASS-Key II". I think they even have a non-distinguished
variation in "II" which eliminates the #1 resistor element because it
was too close to a short to be reliable as a resistance measurement when
they opened up the tolerances. PASS-Key II now has only 14 R values.

Terry