?? Basic Holley Pro-jection Theory??

MRASHAN at aol.com MRASHAN at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 16:32:46 GMT 1997

Hi everyone.   I have been running the basic Holley Projection 670 cfm (open
loop) system on a 173c.i. (2.8 liter) GM 6 cyl engine, which also has a
Supercharger (max is 11 lbs boost) and a jacobs computer ignition. Also has a
big cam and headers. I have installed an O2 sensor for a fuel mixture
indicator. Plugs are always black, however, the engine runs very strongly.
 Mixture indicator shows very rich mixture over about 50% throttle and the
controls seem imprecise at best.  Does anyone know the rpm or tps voltage
crossover points for the idle, midrange, and power controls?  Or perhaps a
basic theory on how this system delivers fuel, relative to the ignition and
tps signals?   Could the fact that i am using a system designed for an 8 cyl
engine on a 6 cyl, be allowing all of the ignition pulses to be off by 20%???
Thanks for any info..
Art.