Monitoring the Lambda sensor

luke lukef at ctech.ac.za
Fri Nov 14 09:11:09 GMT 1997

--------------498730DF06F6F2C5BD572E8A

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:52:41 +0200
From: luke <lukef at ctech.ac.za>
To: ppollard at sprynet.com
Subject: Monitoring the Lambda sensor

Hi

I am a senior student at the Cape Town Technikon involved in
instrumentation research. I have been investigating the possibility of
making a meter to monitor a lambda probe and give a reading of lambda.

I have come across two methods of monitoring the sensors output a) its
output voltage and b) by monitoring the current flow in the sensor when
a constant voltage is supplied across it. (info from SAE 860409).

Have you heard of the second method being used before? I am using a
Bosch LSM11 sensor, will it have the same characteristics as an Hitachi
sensor?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Luke Fulton
Cape Technikon