DIY_EFI Digest V2 #408

heinld theo theobald at ozemail.com.au
Mon Nov 17 11:05:49 GMT 1997

From: Mark Nowakowsky <mdnowak at connect.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:57:22 -0700
Subject: Scopemeters

Mark wrote:

>the various scope meters on the market... i.e.

>Snap-on - Vantage
>Mac - MacWave
>Fluke - Model 98

>And if you have had experience with any of these meters I would
>appreciate your comments.

Mark
I got a Fluke 97A and are very happy with it. The fundamental question
with scopes is ? There are some which do the thinking for you
(suppossedly) and some you got do do it yourself. Most automotive ones
are the first variety and the industrial ones are the latter. For the
" thinking " part you pay a very high premium not only in $$$ but also
in preventing you from properly understanding them, because thy are
extremely difficult ( bordering on impossible) to set up if your
requirements don't fall into the preprogrammed samples. For the same
money you can buy an industrial one with twice the power but be warned.
The learning curve is steep.
Theo from downunder
Theo Heindl  A.T.R.A. & I.A.M.E.
theobald at ozemail.com.au