BB TBI on a 350 (adaptors and such)

John Zarli jzarli at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 18 00:10:49 GMT 1997

Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:

> For those of you interested...
>
> I learned that Chevy has an adaptor from a 4bbl carb to a Big Block TBI.  This
> was used in 87-89 trucks according to GM.  They want $235 for it new...  Anyone
> used one of these?
>
> Transdapt also sells a new adaptor/spacer that will allow you to mount a BB TBI
> on a SB Chevy TBI manifold.   This lists around $70 and boasts an 8% fuel
> economy improvement and "increased torque (due to the spacer, not the TB).
>
> FYI...
>   Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
>     408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com
Kevin, I'm the guy that pointed out the 2"TBI to 4b carb manifold
adapter.  I've got one, but haven't used it.  I'm still on schedule to
do my zz3/tbi engine swap this weekend.  Meanwhile, I strongly recommend
that those of you looking to go with TBI related systems check your
local junkyards. The kids(of all ages) want carb's & the techies & well
funded all want TPI or better.  Rattle those bushes a bit....all sorts
of TBI deals abound.