Electrical problem

Steve Leonard sleonard at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 18 00:24:22 GMT 1997

I had this same problem with my Haltech F3, I found
the problem to be: the tach/source signal you are
connecting to the Haltech's, The Haltech much have a
linear tach/ignition signal, if you use a tach signal
that increases voltage as RPM increases it
"overpowers" the contoller...it will sound just like
a RPM rev limiter..
THe simpliest cure I found was a simple diode bridge
that bleeds of the excess voltage from your
tach/ignition signal.
                            regards,
                            Steve L

---Jillnefelt/Haavimb <ajah at algonet.se> wrote:

> Jillnefelt/Haavimb wrote:
> >

> > > Help Needed!!!
> > > I have got an electrical problem with my car.
It is is equiped
> > > with Haltech F3 efi and Electromotive hpv-3b
ign. The trouble
> > > is that it doesn´t rew up to more than 1000 rpm
then it starts
> > > to missfire. When I then turn the cooling fans
on it will rise
> > > to 1500, if I then turn the head lights on it
will reach 2500
> > > before it starts to missfire. The car is also
equiped with a
> > > tach adapter from MSD that I have been told to
use. The car
> > > has worked without problems before. If you guys
know anything
> > > about this, or if you know someone who would
know, please