BB TBI on a 350 (adaptors and such)

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Tue Nov 18 09:02:46 GMT 1997

Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:

> For those of you interested...
>
> I learned that Chevy has an adaptor from a 4bbl carb to a Big Block TBI.  This
> was used in 87-89 trucks according to GM.  They want $235 for it new...  Anyone
> used one of these?

What do you want to know?  Chevrolet/GMC didn't make a dedicated EFI manifold for
454 until late '90 or '91.  I see these quite often, and maybe can get my hands on
one used. They're actually heaters, and they're inline with the heater hose.  BTW,
our parts man said he'd sell one for $185(no shipping).  I think list is $238.
Part# is 10045799 I think I saw one in Howell's catalogue, too.
<snip>

Shannen