Water Brake?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Tue Nov 18 22:25:05 GMT 1997

>run a torque curve off of for say 5 mins max. (A small doughboy for the
>water reservoir would be acceptable). I'm not concerned about the water
>COOLING problem, OK, just the load device.

I don't have a specific lead for you, however I can say building one is
very easy.  VERY easy.  Its the associated math that's presents a complex
issue.

Basically, you run the engine at controlled conditions (air, humidity,
etc), or be able to accurately measure these conditions (easier), and
include them in the math formulas.

The engine's flywheel or output shaft attaches to a large water pump, which
then circulates a hydraulic fluid (water) through a circular tube, input to
output, with a valve in the center of said loop.

By measuring the diameter of the tubes, the restriction of the valve based
on position, and the water pressure before/after the valve as it places
flow restrictions, the rest can be calculated.

My problem is the math escapes me... if anyone has attempted to do so, I
for one would be interested in participating in a topic such as this,
offline if it disturbs the list.

I have this water pump...