Flow Bench?

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Tue Nov 18 23:22:01 GMT 1997

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:19:27 -0600, Joe Boucher
<BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com> wrote:

>Knowing how not to blow yourself up is important part of an injector
>test bench.

Well, yeah, for God's sake, DON'T use raw gasoline; it'll get all over
the place!! One itinerant spark and you're melba (as in toast). A buddy
of mine used water, and got measurement results that would seem to
indicate he's close (hi Henry), and his comment the first time he did
some flow balancing/testing was, "jeez, if I'd used gas, I wouldn't be
here now". But don't 'they' make a test fluid with exactamundo
density/viscosity that's not "blowup-able". I thot sure I'd seen
"injector testing fluid" adverts somewhere. Dang, the brain falls mainly
on the plane. I can't remember where it was available; I just looked in
Summit & PerfParts, and didn't see it thar. Anybody?

Garfield