EFI Conversion

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Wed Nov 19 13:48:03 GMT 1997

Gordon McKenzie wrote:

> I have been lurking here for a couple weeks and am not sure if my
> question is appropriate, but here goes.
>
> I am looking to convert my Jeep 360 motor to EFI using stock gm TBI
> parts from a wreckers and am looking for info on the conversion. If
> anyone has done a similar conversion or has any suggestions, please
> e-mail me direct.
>
> What I am thinking of is something similar to the Howell kit but for a
> lot less money.
>
> Again, if this is not the forum, please let me know.
> --
> Gord, Sue & Countess McKenzie
> To reply, send mail to gord mck @ direct . ca with no spaces

The only potential problem is the distributor.  If the distributor is a
GM HEI, preferably a Chevy one, then your home free.  If not, then
somehoe you will have to get a spark signal back to the ECU.  I'm almost
sure Jeep was using a derivation of the HEI during the late 70's.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban