Water Brake?

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Nov 19 15:10:08 GMT 1997

-> but hot-rod magazines offer on-car dyno's which are torque load cells
-> which are mounted on prop-shafts which could easily adapted to your

 Superflow uses a tension-type load cell and the absorber is free to
rotate against its resistance.  I've seen load cells in that range for
$150 or so.

 Clayton uses a calibrated spring with a linear potentiometer; the
absorber is also free to rotate.

 Electric dynos are supposed to tell by looking at the eddy current, or
something.  I've never found out a whole lot about those.

 The inline torque load cells you mentioned are probably the most
expensive way, but I can't think of anything else offhand that'd work
with a prop dyno.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==