Flow Bench?

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Nov 22 06:53:36 GMT 1997

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 18:54:05 -0500, Clare Snyder <clsnyde at ibm.net>
wrote:

>Instructions to build are in issue #7 Mopar Tech Special, published by
>Harris Publications Inc, 1115 Broadway, NY 10010.
>Due to copyright laws and common decency,I cannot supply the plans, but
>the mag is $4.50 US or $4.95 Canadian, so it won't break the bank to
>check it out. Should be available on most quality magazine stands.

Argh, I been "incommunicado/occupado" due to a major system crash,
udderwise I woulda said this sooner. DON'T waste yur bucks/cans, etc. on
this article. I got it a couple days ago. I DO appreciate the referal
(truly, E), but it turns out it's a rehash of stuff from the book that
was recently mentioned, called "Practical Gas Flow" by John Dalton.

AND, this article is THE worst attempt to explain something a tad
technical/arithmetical by a guy who's obviously outta his depth in
"s'plainin" thangs like this. Sheesh. OK, go spend the $4.50, but I
toldya so.

Get the book by Dalton instead, and mebe the book by David Vizard, "How
to Build and Modify Chev. Small Block Cylinder Heads" that Martin Scarr
said was even "mo-betta" (Vizard's usually useful), and also Les
Mulder's recommend of "very good descriptions & diagrams of air flow
benches in John Robinson's book "Motorcycle Tuning - Four-Stroke". Ain't
seen that one yet, but I plan to.

Thanks due AGAIN to Joe Chiasson for recommending Dwyer Instruments,
http://www.dwyer-inst.com , for their slant manometers, etc. I just got
their catalog today, and they have one that looks "uncannily" like the
VERY one on the SuperFlow flow benches. Hee hee. Thanks, Joe. Very nice.

Garfield