TPI was Re: Hi - new to list & questions

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Tue Nov 25 20:27:25 GMT 1997

Joe Boucher wrote:
> My understanding is there is a definite difference in the flow potential
> between the 305 and 350 TBI.

Joe- a little, small, 50 hp/4x as many injectors difference. Its the TPI
Chris was talking about :)

I know plent of people who had the 305 TPI's, and upgraded to the 350
block w/o injector/ECM changes. The stock 305 TPI injectors/ECM can
handle at least 320 hp - at least for a while. My engine hasn't blown
up. Yet ;) If you do run into a lean situation, just raise the fuel
pressure to 50-52 psi. That should cure any fuel problems.

A weird thing with my TPI... I figured since I was putting out such high
hp for stock injectors (19lb) that raising the fuel pressure would give
me some power. My 02's with the stock 44 psi setting were around 400 at
WOT (too low, IMHO) and when I raised the fp to 50, I lost 10 hp and 10
ft-lbs. The o2's were still around 400 :p THe o2 sensor is relatively
new, and it hasn't seen leaded race gas either... Any ideas?

Andris