Base Freq. for water injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu Nov 27 15:34:08 GMT 1997

>Why sum the signals? just fire the water with the injector on  a batch
>fired system - every second injector pulse? or with every spark from the
>ignition tach signal. You could even drive a high impedence injector

I was following my original train of thought... two injectors per intake
runner... one for fuel, one for water, thus preventing water/moisture from
pooling in the rest of the intake manifold.

>dissapears would modulate itself quite nicely if injector size and
>pressure were properly determined. You know, knock means squirt, no
>knock means shut off. You get a slow pwm, self regulating and timing.
>Err on the side of a wee bit more water, or a bit earlier in detection
>to prevent making aluminum paper weights.

Yes, but then water collects in the intake manifold and could theoretically
surge and introduce other problems.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606