4-cyl HEI in GM Autos?

amcknig at creighteld.k12.az.us amcknig at creighteld.k12.az.us
Fri Nov 28 00:40:29 GMT 1997

Garfield

OK  I'll get the parts out and play some more.  The module and
whatever is inside doesn't know the difference between a 4 and a six.
 Of course the 4 cyl  at 6000 and the 6cyl at 4000 will be the same.
That is one of the nice things about GM  The parts were optimized for
8cyl and just loaf along with a 4 cyl. (electrically).  Since I am
going to uise the motorola for the ignitor(I hope) I'll slip some
other modules on the test stand and see if I can figure it out(or
cheat and go to the library).  If anybody knows where the manuals are
on the internet, they can advise us.  I've got mid 70s and maybe an
88 manual.  I can't remember whether the 88 had a distributor or not.  I do
remember that it had a backwards water pump.

Bob McKnight
Phx. AZ

PS  some one mentioned an All Foreign wrecking  yard with $25 ignitor
modules.  I wish people would occasionally  mention where they are
located.  Subarus are not popular in junk yards around here theat I
can find.  I do better on vacant lots and scrap yards.